Epica Large Digit Timer Review #timer1





We use timers for a lot of things in our house, so I was excited to be able to review the Epica Large Digit Timer. The timer is easy to see, hear and operate.



The timer can be positioned just about anywhere you want, from a countertop to a refrigerator door to a wall hook to your belt. You can read it from nearly every angle, thanks to its ingenious 4-way mounting design. The fold-out stand is great for horizontal surfaces such as a kitchen counter or shelf, like it is in the picture above. You can also see the magnet on the back, so you can put it on your refrigerator. I like to use it on the kitchen counter by the oven, the island, or the homework table. I also like using the timer on the side of the refrigerator so I can see it while I'm cooking.



To set the timer, just press the M and S (minutes and seconds) buttons until the display reaches the time you wish to elapse before the alarm sounds. To start the countdown, press the Start/Stop button; to stop or pause it, press Start/Stop again. Remaining time will be displayed until you clear the settings (by pressing the M and S buttons simultaneously). The Epica's maximum reading is 99 minutes, 59 seconds. The Epica simplifies your life by automatically resetting itself to the last time entered. All you have to do is press Start/Stop again when you need to use it again. In the above picture, it's set for 30 minutes, which is the amount of time my son has to read everyday for the summer reading program. I like that when you stop the time, it goes back to the 30 minutes, so it's ready for my son to use the next day. It's also easy enough for my 8 year old son to use himself. He knows how to set the time, start it and stop it.



The Epica lets you know when time is up even if you're not close at hand. Its 1.5" x 2.5" display with extra-large numbers can be read up to 50 feet away. The alarm is loud enough to be heard in the next room; and it continues to beep for a full minute, unless you manually shut it off sooner. Sometimes my son likes to just leave it on the kitchen island while he reads nearby in the great room. He can still see how much time he has left to read and he can hear when his time is up.

The Epica Large Digit Timer is accurate to 60 sec./month and comes with a 1 year warranty.

We definitely liked using this Epica timer in our house. My son liked using it for his reading and I liked using it for my cooking. I have a timer on the microwave, and a timer on the oven, but I often need another timer while I'm cooking, so this Epica has been very handy to have. I will definitely keep using it every day, and probably several times a day, for years to come.

I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post, however all opinions expressed are my own.

Labels: