My Week

Last week was pretty eventful every day. Monday was the start of finals week for my oldest son, so there was some stress in our house. It was also a pretty rough school day for me at work too.

Tuesday was a nice evening because my youngest son went out with me to take out the trash and recycle, and to water the plants. Most of the time he wants to stay inside, so it was nice having him come out with me and keep me company.

Wednesday, a second grade sub called in sick at the last minute, so they asked me to sub in the class. It's the class with the toughest bunch of kids in the second grade. They didn't have time to find a sub for me, so my high school daughter was my sub! The 9th and 10th graders at her school were taking the exit exam, so the 11th and 12th graders didn't have to go to school until noon, so she stayed at school with me until then. It worked out that she was there and already knows my student(she comes in our class every day for the last 45 min.), and knows all his routines.

Thursday night my youngest son was pretty rude. My husband had to work late, so I had to help my son make a "garage" for his derby car for Scouts. I told him I could help after dishes, and kept giving him a count down of when that would be(he was playing, so I gave him the count down so he would know when it would be time to stop playing). Well, when time was up and I could help him, he gave me a rude reply; so I didn't help him make his garage.

On Friday, I started hosting a giveaway from another blog for the first time. I always wanted to try doing this, because you can give them two social links and that will be part of the possible entries on the giveaway form. It works, because I have a lot of new Twitter and Pinterest followers! I wouldn't have been able to do it without help from Barbara from Barbara's Beat. She really guided me through the process step-by-step.

On Saturday, I figured out how to change my Facebook page, all by myself! Usually my husband or my older kids have to help me, but they were all busy doing other things, so I had to figure it out myself. The FB page was for my Etsy shop, but since I don't have that anymore, I wanted to change it for my blog. I'm going to be using it a lot more now. If you want to check it out, here it is: Brendashandmade Facebook Page.

Labels: