Good Last Week Off

We had this past week off work/school, so that was nice. Well, at least 3 of us did and 2 didn't. My daughter, youngest son and I had it off; and my husband and oldest son did not have it off. So, I still got up early to make my son's breakfast and his sandwich for lunch, but at least then I didn't have to rush around getting everyone else ready to go. We actually had a very productive week.



On Monday, my daughter went to work with my husband for a Girl's Fair. It was for Junior and Senior girls to inspire them to go into technology jobs. So, since my 8 year old son and I were home alone, I tried to do some fun things with him. In the above picture, he traced shapes I already had cut out from manila folders, and then glued them on paper to make a picture. One picture is of a Ninja Turtle and the other is of an angry man. After that, we played some board games.

On Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment, no cavities, yay! We worked on my son's sea animal project for school. He had to type up 5 facts about a sea animal, and then put it on a poster, and also add some pictures. He has to memorize the facts and present them on Monday when they go back to school. I also uploaded and ordered all of our pictures that we took on our camera during 2014.



On Wednesday, we ran errands, worked on our Sunday School lesson and I wrote up some reviews for a blog where I'm a guest blogger. I also tried Jamberry for the first time, as you can see in the above picture. I won a set of Jamberry nail wraps in a giveaway on a blog, and I was excited to try them. I think I did a pretty good job applying them for the first time.

On Thursday, my daughter and I both had eye dr. appointments, so my parents watched my youngest son. My eyes only went up a little, but my daughter's went up a little more so she needs new glasses. She also had to have her eyes dilated for the first time. When we got home, I worked on the grocery list and some more reviews for the other blog.

On Friday, my daughter had an appointment with a scoliosis dr. Luckily he said the curve in her back is a normal angle and she doesn't have scoliosis! I also worked on more reviews and a recipe article for the other blog, reconciled my Jan. bank statement, and my 8 year old son and I played outside in the backyard.

On Saturday, my parents came over for dinner, so after grocery shopping, I spent all day cleaning and cooking.

Tomorrow we all go back to school/work, and I'm not looking forward to it, but oh well, that's my life now.

How was your week?

Labels: